– 2 & 3 December, 2020: Class Days by Ms. Sibylle Rupprecht from Switzerland
Day 1 Topic (Whole Class Day): Mediation Techniques & Tools
Day 2 Topic (Whole Class Day): Advocacy & Communication Including practical exercises
– 4 & 5 December, 2020: Class Days by Mr. Andrea Marrone from Netherlands
Day 1 Topic (Whole class day): International Law and International Institutions working for Peace and Security
Day 2 Topic (Whole class day): International Criminal Justice and the International Criminal Court
– 7 & 8 December, 2020: 1 Whole and 1 Half Class Days by Mr. Peter Aeberhard from Switzerland
Day 1 Topic (Whole class day): 4 Modules on Peace and Conflict Management / – Learning from the experiences of the participants
Day 1 Topic (Half class day): 2 Modules on Global Challenges related to Conflict and Peace / – In-depth learning sessions
– Arrival of Participants (Check in after 14:00): 1 December (No lunch and Dinner)
– Welcoming speech and introduction: 9.00 – 9.20
– No Class Day: 6 December (No Class & Free day for participants)
– Half Class Days: 8 December
– Breakfast Time: 7:00 – 9:00
– Morning Workshops Period: 9:00 – 12:30
– First Break Time: 10:30 – 11:00
– Lunch Time: 12:30pm – 13:30 (No Class & Lunch on 6 December)
– Afternoon Workshops Period: 13:30 – 16:00
– Second Break Time: 14:45 – 15:00
– Dinner Time: for Winter Program dinner expenses will not be covered by IPD
– Certification & Farewell Lunch: 8 December
– Departure of Participants (Check-out till the 10.00): 8 December
3 Month Research Program Important Dates & Activities
– Arrival date: 1 December, 2020
– Education Part: Participating in 8-day International Academic Training: 1 – 8 December, 2020
– Practice Part: Visit to 2 – 4 Swiss based Institutions: 10 December, 2020 – 22 February, 2021
– Research Part: Writing research paper (Min 5 pages): 9 December, 2020 – 22 February, 2021 together with Supervisor.
– Departure date: 28 February, 2021 (If researcher would like to stay more than 3 months, please write about your desired period in your application form for we calculate new budget for your participation)
In order to capitalize on these diverse backgrounds of our participants, we encourage the exchange of each representative’s own unique heritage and culture through the sharing of national clothes, drinks, foods, sweets, souvenirs, flags, etc. during the Winter Academy 2020.
Programs Language: English
A broad range of the interested participants from various countries within the fields mentioned below can apply to the 8-Day Training or 3 Month Research Program:
– Representatives of Government Institutions, Diplomatic Missions and Courts
– Representatives of Business Institutions and Private Sector
– Representatives of Religious Organizations and Political Partie
– Representatives of IOs, INGOs and Local NGOs
– Representatives of Universities, Academic Staff, Researchers and Students
– Representatives of Media Institutions
– Lawyers, Mediators, Coachers, Mentors and Peacebuilders
– Other potential individuals
Alumni Participants represented State Institutions, Embassies, Private Institutions, Universities, Swiss Government, Australian Government, Romanian Government, UK Government, European Union, European Investment Bank, Asian Development Bank, African Union, United Nations, UNWOMEN, IOM, UNDP, UNICEF, ICRC, Peace Brigades International, Soros Foundation, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit, Medecins Sans Frontieres, Welthungerhilfe, Save the Children and etc. institutions and also individuals (Students, Researchers, Philanthropists, Trainers, Teachers, Scientists, Activists, Journalists and etc.).
– Participation in 8-day Winter Academy gives the participants education and network to build their future career worldwide level in state, private and public sectors as peace builder, manager, lawyer, diplomat, human resource officer, mediator, international and public relations manager, mentor, coacher and in etc. relevant jobs.
– Participating as researcher in 3 Month Research Program could assist you to apply PhD programs with fresh research skills, to join various institutions as professional researcher or expert (Parliament, Research Centres, Think Tank Institutions, Universities, Various States organisations) or as Trainer.
Why Basel as Ideal Venue to Visit
– To enjoy from marvelous Swiss Nature, visiting City Library, Museums, Zoo and Theater during the free time and weekends period
– Basel is a home city of oldest university (more than 550 years) of Switzerland and there have plenty research, innovation and teaching institutions in different spheres
– Existence of many world leading multinational companies in the pharmacy, law, agrochemicals, medical engineering, IT, logistics, finance and communications fields
– Basel is essential location in Europe which connect South Europe with North Europe, East Europe with West Europe by rail, plane (EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg), ship, tram, bus and auto roads
– Basel located at the heart of Europe where France, Germany and Switzerland all meet which also makes easy of daily visiting more people from neighbour countries with using of convenient public transport
– Existence of plenty hotels, restaurants, bars, museums, theatres, cinemas, green parks and shopping places gives opportunity to the guest of the Basel city to spend comfortable and enjoyable time
– Hotel guests in Basel can use the city’s public transport free-of-charge with their BaselCard. This card also allows to the guest to enter many public places with 50% discount and free surfing on the guest WiFi
– Visiting of Zoo in Basel which is oldest Zoo in Switzerland
– Basel is the safe place for visit and it`s gives positive feeling while talking with friendly and hospitable local people
– Walking in Rhine riverside could relax and gives you fabulous time
– Basel is well-known as Football Capital of Switzerland
To be Sending Organisation
We invite state, private, public and academic institutions from different countries to send their individual or group participants to our short- or long-term academic programs. If your organization is interested in a partnership, we welcome your proposal by email.
IPD offers support for most needed potential participants in the form of reduced participation fees.
If you wish to request a discounted participation fee amount, please write your request briefly via email before or during the application submission period.
Unfortunately, IPD scholarship program does not cover all of the participation fee and international travel expenses.
IPD offer 10% Discount if you are joining and paying together as a group of participants or if you are Alumni of one of the IPD programs.
– see more at: https://www.ipdinstitute.ch/Winter-Academy-3-Month-Research-Program-December,-2020/