Law school is expensive – and students who go to graduate school for law collectively take on millions of dollars in student debt. The good news is that there are many law school scholarships and grants out there. Some are even sponsored by private law firms.
Most law students never even know that these scholarship opportunities exist. That’s why we’ve put together an updated list of opportunities to help you in your search process. You may even end up paying for most, if not all, of the cost of your education.
The 2019 Laws101.com Scholarship
At laws101.com, we believe that the legal profession is a noble profession – and one that protects our freedoms in this country that we hold so dearly.
As such, we are offering a once-yearly $1,000 scholarship to students who are currently attending law school in the upcoming fall semester.
The current open submission period is for Fall 2019. Applications must be received on or by Thursday, August 15, 2019.
Scholarship Details and Guidelines
- Students can be attending or planning to attend any graduate law school in the United States.
- To receive scholarship funds, you must be living in the United States (with a U.S. mailing address) at the time of the scholarship’s due date.
- As proof of your status as a graduate-level law student, you will need to submit a digital copy of your acceptance letter—complete with the college letterhead—from that college.
- All applications for the current semester are due by Thursday, August 15, 2019.
To apply, you’ll need to submit a 1,000-2,000 word essay on the following topic:
- Select any controversial legal topic that has been trending on the news and defend your stance on the matter from a strictly legal perspective.
Once the application period closes, we will determine a winner based on the following factors: originality, creativity, and the applicant’s level of knowledge in the topic. We will also judge the applicant’s overall ability to write a well-crafted essay and write in a thought-provoking manner about the core legal topic at hand.
By submitting your essay to us, you agree that your essay may be featured on our site. We will publish the winning essay as well as a couple of the top contenders. Published essays may appear with minor edits in place.
- To submit your application and essay, you must send us the following items:
- Your completed essay
- A digital copy of the acceptance letter from your graduate-level law school verifying your status as a student
- A resume or 1-page biography about yourself
- Your essay MUST be attached as either a .DOCX or .PDF file format. Please adhere to MLA formatting guidelines (12 pt. font, Times New Roman or another easily-legible font, double-spacing, etc.) when submitting your essay to us and cite any sources used in your essay.
- Email all items to [email protected] with the subject line, “2019 Scholarship Application”. In the body of your email, include your name, physical mailing address, phone number, and the name of your law school.
- We look forward to reviewing your applications!
- see more at: https://laws101.com/law-school-scholarships-grants/