The International Competition Paper de Música de Capellades was conceived to promote the presence of young musicians in festivals and concerts series in Catalonia.
Paper de Música will promote the prize winner to those entities and offers their participation in at least 10 concerts, reserving a date in Spring of the following year in the Hall of Paper de Música in Capellades.
According to the Assessor Committee some of the finalists may also be promoted.
1. The Competition is directed to:
– Instrumental or vocal chamber ensembles
Among these the jury will choose a winninggroup or soloist.
2. The age limit is 25 for soloists and 28 as an average age of members of chamber ensembles. For singers, either as soloists or in chamber ensembles, the age is extended to 30 years of age. The age of participants is determined by their age during the competition.
3. The jury will evaluate the quality of the interpretation and the selection of the works in the framework of aconcert repertoire.
4. The competition consists of two sessions. In each one of them participants may choose a whole composition or parts of different compositions.
In the first session they will play about 12 minutes and in the final session during approximately 25/30 minutes.
The compositions or parts of different compositions for the first session cannot be repeated in the final session.
The jury will select the participants that will pass on to the final session.
5. The competition will be held in Capellades at the Hall of “Paper de Música” which is in Carrer del Fossar, 2 (behind the church). In the section marked Complementary Information, you can find all the necessary instructions to go to Capellades.
The first session will start on Saturday, May 2nd at 10 a.m. The final session will take place on Sunday, May 3rd, beginning at 10 a.m. as well.
At the end of this session, the jury, presided over by maestro Antoni Ros-Marbà will decide the winner of the competition.
All the sessions are open to the public.
6. a) The deadline for inscriptions is Monday, April 20th. The inscriptions received after this date will not be considered for the competition.
b) The registration fee is 30 € for each ensemble. Participants coming from abroad will be asked to pay on their arrival for the first session of the competition.
c) Besides the registration form, the scanned identity card and the curriculum of each participant (maximum length one page each) must be sent by email.
And two concert programmes (approximately 70 minutes each) different from one another, because if you win they will be necessary for the promotion. The compositions performed during the competition can also be included in these programmes.
7. The prize-winner will participate during this year and the following year, in all the festivals and concerts series whose organizers request the winner (in accordance to his availability), according to the following scale of fees:
Soloist – 480 €
Duet – 720 €
Trio – 900 €
Quartet – 1.020 €
Quintet – 1.080 €
For more than 5 performers, the fee will be decided according to the characteristics of the ensemble.
1. This prize will be awarded to the global winner of the competition.
2. The prize consists of 25 hours of recording and/or editing time (valued at 1.000 €). Any hours of recording or editing that over-run these 25 hours, will be charged to the prize winner (40 €/hour).
3. The recording must be made within the 12 months following the competition.
8. The Jury reserves the right to declare the prize void.
9. Both prize-winner and finalists will obtain a diploma showing their participation in the competition.
10. Participating in the competition presupposes acceptance of these conditions and the decisions of the jury.
11. All participants will receive by email the audio and video of their performance.
On Monday of the week’s competition, an email will be sent to inform each participant of his or her timetable of performance in the first session.
– see more at: http://www.paperdemusica.cat/pdm/concurs.php?lang=en