Internship for Students in Engineering, Life Sciences, Natural Sciences or similar- RIT2IS (3 Months), Basel, Switzerland
The Device Development Department within Roche Technical Development is responsible for the development and support of drug delivery devices for the product portfolio. We are developing smart devices for the global patient population.
Our aim is to “close the loop” and make the end-of life of our products more sustainable. Take-back programs can be an effective option to make sure that end-of-life has a low impact on the environment. You will actively contribute setting-up an end-of-life program for medical devices. In your role you will define success factors for setting-up a Roche end-of-life program for medical devices (focus on smart injection devices). Ultimate goal would be to design a device take-back program which enhances patient convenience and minimizes the environmental impact of our products. The project can be seen as a pilot for many smart home-use devices in the Roche development pipeline and will contribute to define an internal standard for end-of-life. Your work would have a major impact to be able to close the lifecycle loop for our products and to improve their sustainability from cradle-to-crave.
"Let us re-shape sustainability and ensure a long-lasting effect on society."
What is in for you:
- Experience on how a sustainability strategy is developed and implemented in a local business environment
- Opportunity to work/experiment on innovative ideas in a safe and supportive workplace
- Building up your network in the local community
- Insights into what a working culture at Roche looks like
- Fostering a culture of curiosity, collaboration, and experimentation while solving for real challenges that accelerate our 10-Year Ambitions
- Using the fresh and innovative ideas/knowledge from universities
- University level education (natural sciences or engineering degree or related discipline)
- Strong interest in sustainability and innovation
- Experienced to conduct scientific research and summarize/present it’s outcome
- Experienced (through studies or first working experience) in the field of Life Cycle Assessment and/or Product Stewardship
- Knowledge of environmental regulations
- Basic knowledge (through studies or first working experience) of Medical Device and/or Pharmaceutical industry preferable
Do you want to be part of the programme?
Startdate of the Internship: preferred July 1st, 2021
End Date of the Internship:Mid/End September (max 3 months)
End of Application period: May 2nd, 2021
Interview Days: May 10th- May 13th, 2021
To be considered applications must include a CV and a motivation letter.
About the programme:
Innovation is key for Roche and our society in general. With this programme we want to provide early in career talents an opportunity to work and experiment on innovative ideas in a safe and supportive environment. Together with Roche colleagues in Pharma or Diagnostics you can contribute to solve real challenges around Science, Technology, Society and Sustainability to the next level.
This position will include an exclusive curriculum of on-the-job and off-the-job training, as well as sessions with Roche senior leaders.
More information about the programme you can find here.
Are you ready to apply? We are looking for someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche. When applying for this position, already project yourself in the future. Think about what could come next and how you would like to build your future.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to building a team that represents a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
At Roche, 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.