Internship for Students in Health Economics, Public Health or Pharmacoepidemiology in Data Analytics and Insights Generation- RIT2IS (3 Months), Basel, Switzerland
It is estimated that 5% of all hospital admissions are due to an adverse drug reaction (ADR) and that the total financial cost to society of ADRs in Europe alone is €79 billion (30 billion in the USA). This is on top of the medical and quality-of-life impact that ADRs have on patients and their families.The Roche Drug Safety teams are playing a key role in reducing these by developing and deploying effective risk management measures for all molecules in clinical development as well as our marketed medicines. However we see an opportunity to further reduce this burden on society and healthcare systems by better understanding what lies behind these numbers. This internship is a great opportunity for a student with passion for data and insights generation to help better understand what are the key drivers behind this societal economic burden and identify areas where targeted risk management strategies might have the biggest impact.
"Let us re-shape sustainability and ensure a long-lasting effect on society."
What is in for you:
- Experience on how a sustainability strategy is developed and implemented in a local business environment
- Opportunity to work/experiment on innovative ideas in a safe and supportive workplace
- Building up your network in the local community
- Insights into what a working culture at Roche looks like
- Fostering a culture of curiosity, collaboration, and experimentation while solving for real challenges that accelerate our 10-Year Ambitions
- Using the fresh and innovative ideas/knowledge from universities
- You are enrolled in or have recently completed a Master degree in Health Economics, Public Health or Pharmacoepidemiology with high interest in data analytics and insights generation.
- Excellent spoken and written command of English
- You have solid communication and presentation skills
Do you want to be part of the programme?
Startdate of the Internship:preferred July 1st, 2021
End Date of the Internship:Mid/End September (max 3 months)
End of Application period: May 2nd, 2021
Interview Days: May 10th- May 13th, 2021
To be considered applications must include a CV and a motivation letter.
About the programme:
Innovation is key for Roche and our society in general. With this programme we want to provide early in career talents an opportunity to work and experiment on innovative ideas in a safe and supportive environment. Together with Roche colleagues in Pharma or Diagnostics you can contribute to solve real challenges around Science, Technology, Society and Sustainability to the next level.
This position will include an exclusive curriculum of on-the-job and off-the-job training, as well as sessions with Roche senior leaders.
More information about the programme you can find here.
Are you ready to apply? We are looking for someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche. When applying for this position, already project yourself in the future. Think about what could come next and how you would like to build your future.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to building a team that represents a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
At Roche, 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.