Student Internship in PTDS CMO Site Management (starting autumn 2021, 12 months) - RiKO, Kaiseraugst, Switzerland
In Kaiseraugst we are offering many exciting internship opportunities for the fall semester 2021. In order to learn more about the Kaiseraugst Production Center and about what we have to offer, feel free to visit our website: careers.roche.ch/riko.
Roche Kaiseraugst is a cornerstone of Roche's global production and logistics network. Over 1900 people are employed here, and the site is home to Roche's largest and most innovative packaging operation worldwide.
The CMO Clinical Packaging Group is responsible for overseeing the manufacturing outsourced portion of the Clinical Packaging portfolio. Contract Manufacturing Site Managers work closely with contract manufacturers (CMOs) worldwide, Clinical Planning, Quality and operations partners to ensure supply continuity with optimal cost and quality. Contract Manufacturing Site Managers also drive the evolution and implementation of new platforms, systems and processes in support of the 2030 Pharma Vision: 3-5 times more benefit for patients at 50% less cost to society. Our group is looking for an accountable Contract Manufacturing Site Manager to manage both external manufacturers and the associated product delivery from outsourced projects, as well as to develop efficient internal and external processes supporting CMO production.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Serve as a Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) Site Manager overseeing Roche’s global network of clinical CMOs supporting clinical drug labeling, packaging and device assembly.
- Proactively manage CMO performance on operational packaging activities (schedule, communications, etc.), while ensuring cost, quality, delivery and technology objectives are met.
- Perform production order management for clinical CMO Packaging orders in the ERP system.
- Create and maintain Purchase Orders in purchasing system. Review and ensure approval of CMO invoices.
- Partner with key stakeholders in the preparation for Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Statements of Work (SOW) and negotiate supply agreements for clinical programs.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams to understand needs/expectations for CMO performance. Drive contract manufacturer capability and capacity to enable on-time and predictable delivery of packaged clinical product.
- Apply advanced theory, technical principles, expert judgment, collaboration skills and cross-functional expertise to identify, lead and/or implement process improvements a broad range of complex problems.
- Identify and champion process improvement solutions to complex issues with inter-organizational impact.
- Represent CMO Clinical Packaging as SME and prime contact on key initiatives and projects.
- Bring high cultural awareness and social competence to daily work, as cooperation and communication in complex situations with different cultures and countries represented is frequent.
You are open to new ideas and challenge conventional thought patterns. You appreciate working in a performance-oriented environment that is driven by mutual respect, discussions and collaboration. In this case, Roche is a great starting point for you with an exciting and international working environment and diverse development opportunities.
- Existing or Pending University degree inEngineering, Life Sciences, Business, or equivalent education
- Solid analytical and creative problem-solving skills required
- Supply Chain, Project Management and/or SAP (or equivalent ERP) experience is a plus
- Flexibility of working hours to be able to attend global meetings with colleagues or Contract Manufacturing sites as late as 18:00 CET
Following your application, a virtual interview day will take place on Friday, May 28, 2021. On this day, we invite you to get deeper insights into the work that our different teams do here every day.
The preferred internship start date is Fall 2021 or by appointment. Please indicate your preferred start date and internship length in your application.
If you are already interested in an internship in Fall 2022, please indicate this in your application. In order for your application to be considered, it is mandatory to submit an updated CV and a letter of motivation.
Non-EU/EFTA citizens (m/f/n) must include a confirmation from the university that a mandatory internship is part of the educational training.
If you have any questions, please check our FAQs and videos at: careers.roche.ch/faq.
At Roche, 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.