Flow Cytometry Specialist pRED Flow Cytometry Center of Excellence, Basel, Switzerland
At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives by turning science into medicines. That is why we come to work every single day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) translates extraordinary science into medical innovation through a diversity of technologies and talent. We deliver on individual patient needs through a deep understanding of disease biology and the implementation of Personalized Healthcare strategies.
Would you like to play an active part in doing now what patients need next?
We are looking for highly motivated and collaborative flow cytometry specialists to join our new pRED Flow Cytometry Center of Excellence located in the Roche Innovation Center Basel
The new Flow Cytometry Center of Excellence (CoE) will increase collaboration, develop knowledge sharing and increase efficiency across the extensive flow cytometry community in pRED.
As a Flow Cytometry Specialist in the pRED Flow Cytometry CoE you will:
- Perform high quality sorting and analysis for and together with collaborators across pRED
- Maintain 10-15 flow cytometers and sorters including daily QC, monitoring of instrument performance and troubleshooting
- Collaborate with customers from across pRED and manage instrument utilization
- Support colleagues with a wide range of backgrounds by assisting with demonstrations and trainings
- Be responsible for inventory, stocking and reagent ordering
- Manage data including analysis and backup
- Contribute to panel and assay development
- Contribute to new technology assessment
Who you are
You are passionate about harnessing your flow cytometry experience to contribute to creating a new type of team in pRED: a team that works across organizational boundaries to advance drug discovery and development projects using ground breaking technology.
- Completed a vocational/academic scientific qualification (e.g. apprenticeship/degree in Analytics/Biochemistry/Chemistry)
- are a specialist in flow cytometry with at least 2 years practical experience including sorting and data analysis
- have experience working with cytometers and sorters from a variety of suppliers
- enjoy working collaboratively and training and supporting others
- are motivated to organize your own work, take initiative and actively identify solutions and opportunities
- Ideally have certification for flow cytometry analysis and sorting. Experience with working under GxP would also be an advantage
- a good understanding of biology would be an advantage
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to partnership and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you! Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want to work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now!
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have questions, please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > ResearchWeniger anzeigen
At Roche, 98,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.