Project Manager Level 2, Germany-Germany Countrywide-Stuttgart
USSOCOM's mission is to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will partner with SOF military and civilian members to directly support this mission by providing world-class Information Technology services and support that connect over 60,000 users around the world.
The Project Manager Level 2 –organizes, directs, and coordinates planning and production of all contractor and subcontractor personnel within the team. The Lead must have excellent interpersonal, business management, and customer service skills. The position requires strong leadership skills.
Shift work is required to support operations. The candidate chosen for this position will primarily work 12 hours per day, 6 days per week on one of two daily shifts (days and evenings). It is important to be available to work any shift/designated hours required to include nights, weekends and holidays.
In addition, the Lead is responsible for cost, schedule and performance of the Contract Line Items (CLIN) and must work in concert with the overall Enterprise Program Management team, to ensure priorities are aligned with company and customer objectives. The individual requires strategic thinking and the ability to synchronize priorities across the team while improving mission operations and customer satisfaction. The Lead proactively identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, and develops alternative solutions. The Lead implements and provides guidance related to processes and policies, and oversees Contractor and subcontractor work. The Lead must have demonstrated knowledge and experience with project management methodologies in order to work with intricate, multifaceted projects. Candidates require a working knowledge of Federal Acquisition law, regulations, policies and procedures, including substantial involvement in a major acquisition effort.
• Managing a specific project or projects assigned by the Government to include project requirements, scope, budget, schedule and performance
• Monitors, adjusts and reports on project performance, budget and schedule
• Provides interim progress reviews to the Government on an as-needed basis
• Assists with proposing, implementing and enforcing policies, standards and methodologies
• Responsible for either developing or supervising the preparation of studies, reports and acquisition documents
• Facilitates discussions and consensus among various project stakeholders, such as analysts, applications programmers and the Government
• Managing staff, including hiring, training, scheduling work assignments and conducting evaluations
• Negotiating, writing, and reporting on internal and external service-level agreements
• Managing the contractor and subcontractor staff, including the number of staff, hiring and firing decisions, and staff development and mentoring
• Working with third party vendors
• Managing budget for CLIN – travel and labor hour allocations
• Analyzing workflow, delegating projects, and meeting departmental goals
• Developing and monitoring performance standards
• Implementing and monitoring new projects
• Managing the performance of and delegating projects to team members
• Ensuring proactive engagement in Incident Management process, working with cross-functional teams to minimize the impact of outages
• Generating various reports as needed
• Demonstrating the right skills in a contextually and environmentally appropriate fashion.
• Establishing a steady flow of communication between self, team members and the government through an open-door policy or regular conversations with these individuals.
• Using motivational techniques to inspire team members to go the extra mile for the mission
• Delegating tasks to staff based on the individual’s skill set and availability
• Presenting positivity and trustworthiness
• Approving timecards, writing employee reviews and other administrative tasks associated with managing employees
• Attending on and off-site meetings, sometimes via telephone, video conference or chat
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, a Mathematics-intensive discipline, or a major field of study which either provides substantial knowledge useful in managing large, complex Automated Information System (AIS) projects or is closely related to the work as described and required by the task. Candidates may not substitute experience for education for this position.
Description: Experience in management
Description: Relevant experience in a position with duties commensurate to those defined
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
• PMI PMP
: Germany-Germany Countrywide-Stuttgart