Being one of the largest German digital enterprises with around 2.500 employees worldwide, our every day mission is to bring both jobseekers and companies together to find the "perfect match".
StepStone is a company with clear goals and visions. We focus on growth through innovative solutions, service quality and qualified employees.
From the very first day at StepStone you will be welcomed and supported by a cooperative team. As part of our training concept, you will receive basic training for your work and the recruiting market during your first weeks with us.
In addition, we offer an attractive, performance-led remuneration package and the opportunity to tackle the task with above-average development opportunities and long-term perspectives in an innovative environment. In the team, everyone can benefit of 15 days of innovation or training time per year to work on a research project, get familiar with a recent technology or try out a new idea!
Want to help change the world of recruitment today? At StepStone we take great strides forward to stay the leading online recruitment marketplace. The answer lies in a combination of two important factors: market leading products and truly exceptional, driven and highly talented people. Do you want to be part of a company you can be proud of and help it growing, then keep reading.
Where you will work…
For our Search Team, we are looking for a junior Java developer with a first experience, some trainings, or at least a proven interest in search engine technologies and Natural Language Processing. With over 260,000 jobs, 8.1 million CVs, 13.6 million active subscribers and 25.4 million monthly visits the data is big and the challenge is even bigger. We need a creative professional to develop advanced technical solutions for our search engine and help take it to the next level of quality. The search team is split across offices in Brussels and Berlin, so you will work in an international environment with a team of experienced and like-minded colleagues.
The position can be based in Brussels or Berlin.
- Turn business requirements into working products - design, code and refine your solutions.
- Write clean, scalable, maintainable and easy-to-read code
- Work in sync with other team members; share knowledge, suggestions
- Coordinate work with other teams to make things happen (quality assurance, web design, Product Management)
- Self-driven, proactive and fast learner
- Willing to take full responsibility for your product
- Good object orientated programing basis, and willingness to learn Java
- Knowledge of NLP frameworks and algorithms
- Very good command of English required, other languages like German, French or Dutch are a plus
- Some aspects are not required but would be a strong plus
- Understanding of fundamental search engine concepts. Knowledge of Lucene, Elasticsearch, Solr or Java-based search engines
- Machine-learning techniques and/or recommendation systems
- Familiarity with or interest in agile or lean development methodologies
- Good command of Linux operating systems
- A dynamic workplace with flat hierarchies, direct communication on first name terms from trainee to CEO, short distances, helpful and engaged colleagues and flexible working hours.
- A twice-yearly opportunity to qualify for incredible incentive trips such as skiing in St. Anton, a balloon ride in Barcelona or speed boating in Lisbon.
- Spectacular parties, from summer and Christmas parties to sophisticated international kick-off events where we all celebrate together.
- Financial benefits: subsidised mobile phone contracts and subscriptions to Axel Springer media such as Welt or Bild am Sonntag, private reservations of Sixt rental cars and with HRS hotel partners at wholesale terms and conditions.
- Support in the search for suitable childcare facilities.
- Fruit, cafe au lait, sofa corner and a football table.