Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Drilling Services – Global HRBP will be responsible for developing and executing HR strategy in support of the Drilling Services organization. In this role, the HRBP serves as the primary contact for assigned executive leaders for Supply Chain, Technology, Sales and Product Line Leaders, providing expertise and guidance in the areas of culture, simplification, change management, strategic coaching, workforce planning and organizational design.
- Partner with client executive business leaders and leadership staff to develop and execute both long-term and short-term HR strategies that directly support and enable business objectives
- Partner with client managers to develop and embed a contemporary organizational culture; leveraging change acceleration techniques to assist in driving broad change
- Act as an organizational and simplification champion, who builds organizational capabilities, reduces complexity and partners with clients to maximize team performance
- Strategically partner with client managers to design and implement the most effective global organizational structures and manage transitions using change acceleration techniques
- Provide timely, effective and direct coaching to client group managers, assisting in the development of strong, contemporary leadership skills
- Provide strategic coaching to executive level employees as related to succession planning, career path development, and performance management
- Lead talent assessment in the organization for executive level employees, identifying key employee strengths and development needs in order to recognize and develop key talent and select the best candidates
- Lead succession planning and talent development strategies for the organization, identifying critical roles and preparing potential talent and pipelines mentoring, training, etc.
- Lead client groups through critical HR operating rhythms such as People Review, salary planning and performance management, leveraging assistance from the HRM team as appropriate
- Develop and drive strategies to attract, develop, engage and retain strong and diverse executive level talent
- Partner with HRM team, ensuring the alignment of fundamental HR activities in order to focus on strategic organizational and employee development strategies
- Provide HRM team with appropriate coaching, mentoring and development opportunities that provide exposure to HR Business Partner skills and experiences desired
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a variety of Human Resource positions with increasing scope
- Experience in a HR Business Partner role
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources from an accredited college or university
- Coaching and leadership assessment experience
- Strategic mindset and strong business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to use knowledge and judgment to make sound decisions
- Demonstrated ability to drive the HR strategic agenda using knowledge of the organization and its employees
- Capable of handling multiple issues and/or projects simultaneously and executing to completion
- Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding, high performance work environment and team oriented culture
- Excellent collaboration, influencing, project management, organizational and change agent skills
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead in complex, matrix, goal-driven organizations, with a specific track record of working effectively with all levels of management
- Strong internal and external customer mind-set
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability and Willingness to work in changing environments, see through complexity and strategically promote an inclusive / diverse workforce
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.