Cloud Software Architect (all genders)
Permanent employee, Full-time · Karlsruhe (HQ)
UnderstandAI was founded in 2017 with the vision in mind to make AI accessible for everyone. To achieve this goal, UnderstandAI is solving the data problem of AI. The tooling and services provided by UnderstandAI enable our customers to get the right data, at the right quality and right quantity to make production grade AI products a reality.
Headquartered in Karlsruhe, our team has grown to more than 50 employees since 2017 and is part of the dSPACE Group since 2019. dSPACE is a market innovator and leader in providing solutions and systems for embedded controller software development in Automotive, Aerospace and Manufacturing industries. Founded in Germany in 1988, dSPACE employs over 1,800 dedicated people worldwide, who are committed to making the embedded controls software development process more efficient through innovative tools and services.
We are looking forward to expanding our team with the vision that UAI will be a different company a few years from now because our team is going to change it for the better.
We can’t wait to see what kind of future you choose to build at UAI - so click on the apply now button and together we will solve the data problem of AI!
You will be part of the new team of architects that help our engineering teams to grow and build reliable, robust software solutions that complies with the overall architecture.
As a Software Architect you will work closely with our engineering teams and Product Owners to build a world class data annotation toolchain. In addition, you work with our customers or partners to discover and design potential solutions for projects or collaborations. Our tooling runs in the cloud, so it is your responsibility to find and develop solutions in a cloud environment that optimizes for performance, availability and cost.
- Design and develop product improvements together with the engineering teams
- Collaborate across teams and departments to improve product reliability, scalability, performance, and security
- Identify and evaluate new technologies
- Consult and advice Product Owners
- Develop and communicate concepts, guidelines, and technical roadmaps
- University degree in Computer Science (or related) or a proven track record as a senior software engineer or software architect
- Strong experience with one or more cloud providers, experience with Azure is a plus
- Experience with kubernetes and container orchestration
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills aligned to audiences like management, engineering teams, and customers
- You are eager to learn, a reliable team player, and hungry for new challenges
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
What we offer
- A crucial role in a young, dynamic, and fast-growing team
- A work environment that fosters trust, respect, and feedback
- An onboarding buddy to integrate you smoothly into our team
- Productivity and improvement time between the development sprints
- A mentor helping you with your personal goals, technical progress in general and your software engineering skills in particular
- Free snacks, drinks, and the option to join activities like hiking, inline-skating, climbing or board game nights
- Competitive salary, flexible working hours, work from home
Our tech stack
Docker, Kubernetes, MongoDB, Google Cloud, Azure Cloud, TypeScript, Python, Node.js