Senior Civil Engineer - (BIA0006N0)Description
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities.
Our Kaiserslautern office is growing, and we are looking to hire an experienced Civil Engineer to join our teams. Successful candidate will have the chance to work with our internal network of Engineers and Architects designing facilities for the U.S. Federal Government and related institutions. At Jacobs, Civil Engineers design new buildings and surrounding sitework and are involved in world’s most iconic projects.
Key duties of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Develop Design Analysis and construction documents for civil site work (site work, grading, pavements, storm water management, exterior water and sanitary piping, etc.) for buildings and infrastructure
• Ensuring the designs conform to building codes and standards, as well as client specific requirements
• Cross-discipline coordination
• Performing on-site field work, both prior to design and as a follow up during construction period activities
• Interacting with project teams and management towards producing high quality documents within budget and on schedule.
• Participating in Design Charrettes as required and value engineering studies
Required qualifications include:
• German Professional Engineer license
• Ability to develop design documents, including drawings, calculations, and specifications for building structures and infrastructure
• Exposure to AutoCAD and Revit
• Exposure to various civil design software programs
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Fluency in German and English (both written and spoken)
• Willingness to work in Kaiserslautern
• Willingness to travel at least 2 days a month, as needed
Preferred qualifications include:
• Previous experience with U.S. federal projects
• The ideal candidate will be licensed and competent in both structural engineering (design of building structure) and site civil engineering (site work, grading, storm water management, exterior water and sanitary piping, pavements, etc.)
• Experience: Minimum 5 years
If you are up for the challenge, we have been looking for someone just like you! Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Primary Location: Germany-Germany Countrywide-KaiserslauternView More