Sustainability Manager - (BIA0006OR)
• Development and approval of the program Sustainability plan
• Strategic management and monitoring of progress towards sustainability delivery and compliance goals, commitments and objectives with the programme.
• Acting as the central point of contact along with the clients for stakeholder engagement concerning sustainability issues.
• Overall responsibility for the Sustainability assurance programme established to demonstrate full compliance with the programs commitments and encourage continual improvement.
• Provide strategic direction concerning legacy issues.
• Support the production of monthly and annual Sustainability status reports
• Works closely with clients, technical disciplines, regional offices and regional planning offices on aspects relating to sustainability
• Track industry best practice on sustainability, and engage with the Programme Manager with regards to implementation and dissemination as appropriate
• Works closely with the communications teams and supports communication about sustainability performance
• Works closely with the programme and client teams to identify sustainability improvement initiatives
• University Degree
• At least 5 years relevant experience including in environmental or sustainability management on a large infrastructure construction project
• Strong data analysis and validation skills
• Knowledge, understanding and experience in sustainability principles and initiatives on the basis of e.g. ILO-declaration, OECD-guidelines, UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and UN Global Compact
• Knowledge and experience with sustainability reporting, e.g. on basis of the Global Reporting Initiative
• Good organisational skills
• Experience in coordination and management of teams
• Willingness to travel within Germany
• Driving licence class B
• Knowledge and experience in the use of computer software including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
• Quick learner and has the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced and high pressure environment
• Good time-management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong quality assurance skills
• Fluency in German and English
Primary Location: Germany-Germany Countrywide